EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Director – Te Kūmete o Paerangi LP
Te Tōtahahoe o Paerangi (Te Tōtarahoe) is the governance entity for Ngāti Rangi established for Ngāti Rangi’s Treaty settlement.
Te Tōtarahoe is calling for expressions of interest (EOI) from suitably qualified and experienced Ngāti Rangi uri or other candidates who wish to be considered for appointment to two (2) Director positions for our proposed commercial subsidiary, Te Kūmete o Paerangi (Te Kūmete).
Te Kūmete will be a limited partnership responsible for representing Te Tōtarahoe’s commercial interests and will undertake commercial and investment activities on behalf of Te Tōtarahoe. It will operate to a Statement of Investment Policy and Objectives agreed with Te Tōtarahoe.
It is expected that Directors will have some, or all, of the following skills or experience, including:
- Ngāti Rangitanga
- An appreciation of Ngāti Rangi’s kawa, tikanga and ritenga, Te Ara ki te Moungaroa 2035 (Ngāti Rangi’s intergenerational strategic plan) and Rukutia Te Mana (Ngāti Rangi’s Treaty settlement).
- The ability to articulate and make decisions within the context of Ngāti Rangi’s kawa, tikanga and ritenga, Te Ara ki te Moungaroa 2035 and Rukutia Te Mana.
- Muramura Te Ahi
- Strong governance or senior executive experience in similar organisations, particularly Māori organisations.
- Strong general investment and commercial acumen and experience, including investment management and corporate finance experience.
- Proven experience and knowledge of developing direct investment policy.
- Direct investment knowledge and experience, particularly in the forestry, property and natural resource sectors, which are expected to be the initial focus for Te Kūmete.
To be considered, please apply in writing with the following information:
- A brief CV (4-page maximum) setting out contact details, relevant experience, skills and qualifications for the position of Director; and
- A brief Candidate Statement outlining your future aspirations for the Ngāti Rangi iwi development context (400 word maximum).
EOIs must be received by no later than 5pm, Monday 17 June 2019.
EOIs should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked “Expression of Interest – Te Kūmete o Paerangi”. EOIs may be withdrawn at any time. Please direct any queries to email@example.com .
To print this page click here.