Ngāti Rangi is searching for a passionate Kairangahau Taiao to join our team on a 12-month contract providing parental leave cover. As the Kairangahau Taiao (Environmental Researcher) you would be responsible for undertaking and managing the environmental and cultural research projects on behalf of the Ngāti Rangi Trust.
Key responsibilities in this role will be;
- Progressing current research and monitoring programmes related to the waterways, the land and the maunga.
- Organising environmental and cultural wānanga.
- Providing technical advise to the environmental team.
- Building and maintaining working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure reporting requirements are met on time with all risks identified.
- Proactively participating in organisational hui and wānanga.
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
Reporting to the Pou Taiao (Environmental Manager) the successful applicant would require a minimum Undergraduate Degree qualification in Ecology or Biology, a sound environmental knowledge with fresh water specialisation preferred.
This position is based at the Ngāti Rangi Office, 1 Mountain Road, Ohākune we offer a great opportunity working with a wonderful team in the beautiful Ruapehu Region.
For further information please email email@example.com or call Michelle on 021 594 405
Applications close 12noon, Monday, 13th July 2015
Ngāti Rangi Values
Kia MANA ai ngã mahi - To act with INTEGRITY and HONESTY
Kia mau ai ki te MANAAKITANGA - To CARE WHOLEHEARTEDLY
Kia tika ai tõu TŨRANGAWAEWAE - To be ACCOUNTABLE
Kia ũ ai ki ngã TIKANGA - To be DUTY BOUND
Kia rapu ai i te MEA NGARO - To unleash POTENTIAL