The Ruapehu Whanau Transformation Plan...........
Some awesome mahi going down in our area - Iwi-led, community-driven, whanau-focused solutions! See the newly launched website for more information!
Ruapehu Whanau Transformation is a collective whanau (all families) and community effort, analysing the statistics of our area, linking the local stories and coming together to find solutions to tackle the stark realities of living in our piece of paradise. Raetihi, Ohakune and Waiouru have come together to grow one community with many suburbs that are founded on all its whanau and our mountain, Koro Ruapehu.
The Scoping Report covers 12 months of intensive community collaboration to give life to the stats and stories of our area. The Implementation Plan maps out our path to the future through simple solutions. You will find a 3D pop-out model in the physical copies of the plan and is a great way to engage with the plan and make your own model to place on your office desk, by the TV at home or in the reception areas of your work place.
NB: The Scoping Report, Implementation Plan and 3-D pop-out model are embargoed until 11am on 22 July 2013.
For more information, contact the Ngati Rangi Office, by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 06 3859500.
Te Pae Tata is the Ruapehu Community Learning and Tech Hub based in Ohakune more affectionately known as ‘The Hub’. The concept was born out of the Ruapehu Whānau Transformation Plan and is one of Ngāti Rangi’s most ground-breaking projects. Iwi owned, Te Pae Tata provides a platform for so many things, but at the centre of it all is the moral imperative, and our mission; to empower and advance People, Place and Culture. We achieve this through better connecting and collaborating as a progressive community, equipped with technology; providing for higher learning opportunities; and through experiences that unleash our innate entrepreneurship.
Today at Te Pae Tata we:
- Run digital tech classes for Ruapehu College, Kura Kaupapa and Orautoha as well as kaumatua tech classes via REAP
- We provide post school learning in the shape of upskill workshops and tailored training
- We are running a work incubator which is very much like an apprenticeship model in the form of an advertising agency called Rawe Creative
- Have a hot desking space for businesses
- Are establishing advance tech experiences for our communities
- Support whānau economic enterprises of which Rawe is a great case study
- Are establishing unique leadership retreats
At Te Pae Tata we provide post school learning in the shape of upskill workshops and tailored training such as Rawe Creative which is an innovative work incubator supported by the MSD flexi-wage scheme to help our rangatahi get off the benefit and into a career in Marketing and Advertising.